Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Back From Seattle VegFest

Wow, I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted! Traveling without my laptop was a lot easier than carting it with me everywhere (especially through airport security), and I enjoy un-wiring for a few days from time to time, but it does excommunicate one somewhat. Well, that's over.



Someday I'd like to visit Seattle and actually see a few sights--this is the second time I've been, and both times I saw my hotel room, the inside of PCC Market, their kitchen, and the inside of the Seattle Center. Okay, slight exaggeration; I did see the city briefly, and marveled at how green (and wet) everything is . Vegetarians of Washington generously provide me with a driver/assistant, and this time he took me for a walk in an arboretum, which was pretty spectacular. Everything was drenched and mossy, even the bridges and steps. Seattle is a gorgeous place, with nice people and terrific food. I managed to squeeze a little schmoozing time in, making the rounds of the various booths at VegFest, checking out the latest veg-stuff, meeting people, exchanging business cards. My new friend Robert Cheeke was there, promoting his book, Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness, and Vega Sport Optimizer products--putting to rest that "where do you get your protein?" nonsense.

Then there was the audience at my two presentations--and to be honest, they made the whole trip worthwhile. I love being in front of people who have a keen interest in food, health, and improving the plight of both humans and animals. There's a wonderful openness and sincerity in their faces (and a couple of unabashedly bored husbands who I'm guessing were there to support/placate their eager wives). There are always some good questions (and a few oddball ones),  And of course, I sell and sign a bunch of books, which is always a good thing. All in all, I have to say, I love what I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment