Friday, January 28, 2011

Mediterranean Open-face Sandwich

A couple of days ago, I was going to make a Mexican salsa with avocado--a favorite of my son's--but as it turned out, I had no serrano chilies, and what was left of the cilantro had languished to the yellow point and was unusable. The avocado was perfect, though, so I decided to take it across the pond for a little Med cruise. 

No, those aren't tomatoes. The mélange du jour was composed of avocado, roasted red pepper, red onion, baby cucumber (a current fave à chez moi), and kalamata olive, with a little fresh lime juice, Simple Garlic Udo's Oil, salt, and pepper. It was about lunchtime, so we had it on toasted Ezekiel sesame bread. I had three--which is saying a lot, because I rarely eat any bread at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment