Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Little Food For The Hungry Ear

I just got back from Toronto, which may well be the most multicultural city in the world, where I spent four days sharing my food and ideas with hundreds of people. I also got to eat and enjoy other people's food--including the best Ethiopian food I've had to date (at "Rendez-Vous" on Danforth in Greek Town). On Saturday night, after my presentation at the Toronto VegFest, a friend invited me to the world premiere of the new documentary, "Vegucated." 

All in all, I had a delightful, uplifting experience. So inspiring.

I'll get back into the kitchen this evening, but first I want to share some food of a different kind--one that we ingest through our ears, to nourish our humanness. I've been a fan of "Playing For Change" since they first began their songs-around-the-world project--uniting peoples and cultures through the universal language of music. I think you'll like it.

Seeing human beings all around the world harmonizing with one another, expressing the timeless feelings common to all of us, I'm in awe of the oneness and beauty of the human heart. Despite all our differences and the things that divide us, at our core we are one great being of longing, hope, love, and gratitude, breathing in billions of uniquely expressive forms.

This is their latest piece; the other two are my all-time favorites.




No comments:

Post a Comment